Thursday, December 31, 2015

OTP-Coasters & Holder - Life is Sweet!

Hello Paper Fans!

I'm so proud and honored to be showing you all the projects I've made for the Flying Unicorn Creative Team!. The Kit this month is so beautiful. Romantic, shabby chic, or modern so many options, so many possibilities. Just check in regularly and you'll see ;)!

The Off The Page project this month is a Coaster set. Functional and pretty.
The 13@rts papers are a beautiful collection and I choose to cover both the coasters as the holder with them. The edges of the holder I first painted with gesso. After that was dry I mixed the 13@rts Silver Glitter painted with some of the Prima Mica powder we got in the KOM. It gives a little pink hue to the Silver glitter.


On the left hand side corner I decided to give it a torn scroll look so it needed 3 layers of different paper. All the elements in the kit are so nicely suited together. 


The back of the coasters I panted first with 2 layers of thick white gesso in a criss-cross pattern and after that 2 more layers in 13@rts matte silver paint again in a criss-cross pattern. It now was nicely coated. For the fronts I choose 4 different pieces of paper. Two in the grey colors and 2 in the pink/maroon colors. In the right bottom corner I used the stencil to spray 3 little butterflies on them in the opposite colors.


Decorating the box with some flowers, ribbon, a wooden element. It came together rather nicely. All it needs is a nice little tea set and we're good :)!



A little close up! 


Except for the big pinkish flower everything used was part of one if the kits.
I really enjoyed putting all this together. When I saw this, I almost instantly knew what I wanted to do with it. Loved the project. Hope you have as much fun with it as I did. 

Thank you for looking!

Have a scrap-tastic day!

1 comment: