Saturday, February 11, 2017

Our Story - Maja Design - February Mood board


Hello my wonderful Paper friends. 
This month is the month of Love and what better way to celebrate then to use one of my favorite wedding photo's on a layout.



For this layout I'm using the gorgeous Maja Design February Mood Board. 
The Summertime (in the Garden) papers are just perfect for the feel I wanted to go for.


After using a clear Gesso on my background I started with a combination of stamps. If you look carefully you can see the old car stamp from Prima, peeking through on the left. This is a similar car we had on the day. I thought it was very fitting. After the stamping I continued on with the stencil and paste. Now that I have some of my texture I continued with some watered down gesso to soften the background at some spots. Followed by 2 colors of Color Blooms. 


Having done most of the background work, it was time to get started with my layering. I cut a couple of pieces of paper and one from the die-cut sheet to create them, started stacking chipboard, flowers and all sorts of other elements to create the desired look.


I just wanted to use a lot of flowers this time and I think it really worked. I love all the colors and different shapes and sizes in the flower arrangement.


Now that we have that done some final touches with microbeads, splash-inks to finsh of the layout. I hope you like the layout. I had a lot of fun creating this one. 


As always I appreciate you dropping by my blog. It means a lot that you support me and want to have a closer look. If there are any questions or you'd like to know more about the layout just drop me a line.
 Thank you and I hope you'll have a wonderful day!

List with used products:
Maja Design - Summertime (In the Garden) - Smell the Roses
Maja Design - Summertime (In the Garden) - Flowers Everywhere
Maja Design - Summertime (In the Garden) - Die Cuts
BoBunny - It Is Written Stamp
Prima - Cling Stamps - Romance Novel - 559335
Prima - Cling Stamps - Garden Fable - 655350
Prima - Heavy Gesso - 961442
Prima - Color Bloom 2 - Golden Oregano - 588854
Prima - Color Bloom - Ginger Coral - 580285
Prima - Spring Prism Floralia - 942724
Prima - Garden Fable - Perrinial - 580780
Prima - Tales of You & Me - Amour de Ma Vie - 586300
Prima - Love Clippings - Ephemera - 992163
Prima - Wild + Free - Chipboards & More - 992347
Prima - Micro Beads - Blush - 962593
13@rts - Stencil - Always the Music
13@rts - Colored Fine-grained Grit - Faded Pink
13@rts - Splashink - White
Petaloo - Mini Canterbury - Lime - #1823-313
Wild Orchid - Assortment of Roses
Scrapiniec - Lavender Mist - 4297



2 comments:

  1. Wat een schitterend romantische layout met deze mooie bijzondere foto en met zoveel mooie details!
    Lieve groetjes, Danoesja

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this layout is one of my favorite so far. Truly beautiful with the colors used and the wonderful photo with it special meaning. I learn so much in the way to layer pieces from you, something I need to try more in my own work. The many layers you add in an upward patterns, adds that great texture and depth to the layout. Your talent is amazing! Hugs, Laurie

    ReplyDelete